led by Lowry hitting all nine of his attempts

in Companies and Reviews. Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:49 am
by wxy1123 • 182 Posts

ABBOTSFORD, B. Nike Air Huarache Mens Black .C. -- The Grand Rapids Griffins are back atop the Western Conference thanks to a gritty come-from-behind win Saturday night. The Griffins scored five unanswered goals to defeat the Abbotsford Heat 5-2 in American Hockey League action. With his club down 2-0 after 20 minutes of action, head coach Jeff Blashill made a goaltending change that seemed to spark his club. Tom McCollum allowed two goals on 10 shots, but Petr Mrazek came in and stopped all 13 shots he faced. "It wasnt Tommys fault for the goals, but it was one of those things where you want to change it up to change the momentum," said Griffins captain Jeff Hoggan. "Petr came in and did well. It was huge for us." David McIntyre gave the Griffins the lead for the first time in the game at 8:39 of the third when he redirected Nick Jensens point shot from the side of the net. "The play was started by Jordan Tootoo, getting the puck into the zone," said McIntyre. "It was a great pass from Nick Jensen. It was right on the tape, it was real easy for me." Andrj Nestrasil, Teemu Pulkkinen, Hoggan and Tootoo also scored for Grand Rapids (35-17-5), which has won five consecutive games and moved past Texas - whos game Saturday was suspended - for first in the Western Conference. "Weve been up and down since the All-Star break," said Hoggan. "We were flat in the first but stuck with it. It was a big win for us (because) thats a good team over there." Max Reinhart had two first-period goals for Abbotsford (33-18-6), which is winless in four games. Joey MacDonald made 37 saves in the loss. "They do a great job in the offensive zone of forechecking, and in the neutral zone - theyre sound system-wise," said Heat captain Dean Arsene. "We just had too many turnovers, and a skilled team like that in transition, they just ate us up." Reinhart got the Heat on the board early, deflecting Arsenes point shot past McCollum at the 1:23 mark. The North Vancouver, B.C., native scored his second of the night with just 12 seconds to go in the first period when he finished off a give-and-go with Corey Locke, beating McCollum short side, top corner. Thats when Grand Rapids changed goaltenders. "I would have probably done the same," said Abbotsford head coach Troy Ward of his counterparts decision. "He needed a change, a spark. We got to McCollum. We (previously) beat him (in Grand Rapids), so (Blashill) probably felt it was time for that change. They did a good job of keeping the game 2-0. We had a couple of looks to go up 3-0 but we didnt make those things happen, even when Mrazek was in net." Nestrasil got Grand Rapids on the board at 13:20 of the second period. After a pair of Abbotsford players failed to clear the puck it bounced right to the Czech Republic native, who quickly beat MacDonald glove side for his seventh of the season. The Griffins tied the game at 4:34 of the third period. From behind the net, Hoggan quickly stuffed the puck between the post and MacDonalds skate. It was just the second goal the captain scored since Christmas. "We racked up a lot of shots, we just kept getting pucks to the net," said Hoggan. "Joey Mac played the puck behind the net but I ended up having some space to walk out front." McIntyre scored to put the visitors up four minutes later. "It was a good pass from Jensen, backdoor," said Hoggan. "We were struggling to score goals, so it was nice to get five tonight." Tootoo scored an insurance marker with 4:09 to go in the game, picking the corner with a wrist shot from the face-off dot. "Obviously (Tootoo) is a grizzled veteran," said McIntyre. "Hes played a lot of big games so he knows what it takes to win. That was a great shot." Pulkkinen added an empty netter with less than two minutes to play, giving him five goals in three games. Nike Zoom Fit Agility Trainers . Hes willing to leave Miami, if thats what it will take to win more championships. And what happens next will likely be up to not just the Heat, but Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh as well. Nike Air Huarache Mens Uk . 2 Kentucky recovered from a halftime deficit for a 73-51 win over Arkansas-Little Rock on Tuesday.The Toronto Raptors will honour Nelson Mandela on the first anniversary of his passing tonight when LeBron James and the much-improved Cleveland Cavaliers pay a visit to the Air Canada Centre. The Giant of Africa presented by Bell will be an evening-long celebration of the late former South African President and Nobel Peace Prize winner while supporting the Nelson Mandela Foundation and general manager Masai Ujiri non-for-profit organization, Giants of Africa. Watch the panel discussion, moderated by TSNs James Duthie and co-founder of Face 2 Face Africa, Sandra Appiah, live on TSN.ca at 6pm et/3pm pt. Check out more details of the event here. Toronto handed Cleveland its last loss, a 110-93 drubbing at Quicken Loans Arena on Nov. 22. You can watch the game live on TSN1, TSN4 and TSN5 at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. Since that win over the Cavs, the Raptors are 4-2, including a 2-1 western road trip. However, Toronto lost All-Star DeMar DeRozan to a torn tendon in his groin. The Raptors made due without him on Wednesday night with a 123-104 rout of the Utah Jazz in Salt Lake City. Toronto ambushed the Jazz with 69 points in the first half. Kyle Lowry scored a career-high 39 points to lead Toronto. Lowry was 13-of-22 from the field and hit four shots from beyond the arc. Lowry finished strong with 15 of Torontos 26 points in the final period. Toronto as a team shot 57 percent from the field and made 12-of-21 3-point attempts. In addition, Toronto sank 21-of-24 free throws, led by Lowry hitting all nine of his attempts. With less than a minute left, he sunk three from the charity stripe after being fouled attempting a 3-pointer. Im just going out there and doing my job. I know I need to score a little bit more and be a little more aggressive. I can do it with DeMar (DeRozan), said Lowry. But as a point guard, I like to get my teammates involved. Cheap Nike Roshe Run Sale. Right now I need to be a little more assertive. Lou Williams and Greivis Vasquez each scored 17 for Toronto. Patrick Patterson and Amir Johnson finished with 13 and Terrence Ross added 11. The Raptors have won four of five against the Cavaliers and two in a row at home in this series. Toronto owns the best home record in the Eastern Conference at 9-2. The Cavaliers have won a season-high five in a row and this run came after a four-game losing streak. Most buried the Cavs after that skid, but Cleveland swept a four-game homestand, then knocked off the New York Knicks, 90-87, Thursday night at Madison Square Garden. James wasnt the star on Thursday. That honor belonged to fellow All-Star and Big Three member, Kyrie Irving. His season-high 37 points and two timely James baskets helped the Cavaliers avenge an opening-night loss to the Knicks. The Cavaliers trailed for most of the second half, but James scored five straight points late in the fourth to put them back in front. Irvings lefty scoop layup over two defenders with 10 seconds left made it 90-87. The Knicks went to a Carmelo Anthony isolation on the games final possession. Anthony shook James and shot a 3 from the right wing, but it was just off the mark. Iman Shumpert tipped the rebound out to Jose Calderon, who hit a 3 a full second after the final buzzer. Irving hit 12-of-18 from the floor and made 10 of his 11 free throw attempts for Cleveland. James gave 19 points and 12 assists, and Kevin Love posted 11 points and 11 boards. (LeBron) did a heck of a job finding me, Irving said. Everybody kept feeding me. I felt like I was in a great rhythm tonight. The Cavs held the Knicks to 14 fourth-quarter points, limited star Carmelo Anthony to nine points on 4-for-19 shooting, and forced 22 New York turnovers. cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys cheap jerseys cheap nfl jerseys cheap jerseys ' ' '

Last edited Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:50 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 44 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: jenukashaila
Board Statistics
The forum has 20801 topics and 22170 posts.

15 members have been online today:
arshi toni, brahmavideducation, daviddennis118, gyftrd hgfre, hqytaa, jenukashaila, joeybosa, kapil kaif, luellapease, Matthew22, milpokkw, milpokky, Natalie John, sapurenag, submitrer