Acne can be an annoying skin problem and tough to get rid of. But Aleksandar Kolarov Manchester City Jersey , there are ways to minimize the blemishes that you might be suffering from. Here are seven tips to help you do just that:
1. Know Your Skin. The absolute first step toward healthy skin, and particularly for those who are prone to acne, is knowing your exact skin type and how it reacts to different things. A surprising amount of people pay little or no attention to what may be causing their breakouts or what ingredients they're using on their skin. Generally, skin is either oily, dry, a combination of both Aleix Garcia Manchester City Jersey , sensitive or prone to acne.
2. Choose the Right Products. The amount of acne skin care products available today is mind boggling, however, after knowing our true skin type, we can be sure to only use what's most compatible.
Most people with acne-prone skin tend to have oily skin, although combination and dry areas are not uncommon. Be sure to select a cleanser that's specially formulated for this skin disorder as they will usually contain ingredients such as benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, both of which help the skin regenerate itself faster. For severe acne try 10% benzoyl peroxide Yaya Toure Jersey , and for mild to moderate cases, 5-10% is usually the recommended concentration.
A good toner is essential for keeping pores tight and unclogged. Either spray the toner directly onto the face, or apply with a cotton ball. For excessively oily skin, try a toner with three percent hydrogen peroxide, and for normal or dry skin, many people swear by the inexpensive witch hazel. Rubbing alcohol is mistakenly used for severe cases of oily skin as it actually dries out the skin far more than necessary Willy Caballero Jersey , making the irritation and acne ultimately worse.
Contrary to popular belief, it is possible for people with acne to use a moisturizer. Choose either a light, non-comedogenic moisturizer, or one that's are oil-free so as not to aggravate acne and blemishes. Some of these moisturizers also contain antibacterial agents to keep acne causing bacterium at bay.
For makeup products, choose oil-free foundation and those that are designed for use with acne or sensitive skin. Any type of heavy makeup, including those for eye and cheek color Vincent Kompany Jersey , will clog pores and instigate an acne flare-up.
3. Hydration Matters. Simply put, water is vital for our skin as well as for most other functions and components of the body. Without water, we wouldn't survive, and neither would our skin. Be sure to drink at least eight glasses of water each day to keep your skin and body well hydrated.
4. Protect Your Skin. All skin, but especially skin that's sensitive or that has acne, should be protected from the sun's harmful UV rays. The sun does provide much needed vitamin D Sergio Aguero Jersey , however, 10 to 15 minutes a day early in the morning is all that's necessary for a healthy, daily dose.
A common, and rather dangerous, myth is that getting a facial sunburn will help clear up acne quickly as it causes the skin to peel and regenerate. While that part is true, this also speeds up the aging process and considerably increases the risks of skin cancer.
5. Treat Your Skin Gently. Instead of getting the skin extra clean Raheem Sterling Jersey , rubbing or scrubbing your face may actually cause permanent scarring and exacerbate acne. Even skin without acne should be cleansed gently to avoid damaging the delicate tissue. A good rule to remember is to use your hands instead of some type of washcloth or facial cleansing pad to avoid rupturing or aggravating acne sores. When you are able to safely exfoliate, to gently remove dead cells, use a gentle scrub made from natural ingredients such as ground walnuts as opposed to products with potentially strong or harsh ingredients.
For a easy way of reducing the redness and inflammation that usually accompanies acne, try crushing an aspirin into a bit of lemon juice and then applying the mixture to the most affected areas of the face just before bedtime. Although some people use toothpaste, not gel, as a spot-treatment on acne blemishes Pablo Zabaleta Jersey , this method may actually burn the skin doing more harm than good. Yet another home remedy that some swear by is taking a zinc vitamin tablet every day.
6. Minimize Stress. Stress and tension have more of an effect on the quality of our skin than we may realize, and for some, may directly contribute to breakouts or intensify acne. It's important to do whatever is necessary to relieve stress and find time for relaxation.
7. Have Patience. Keep in mind that it may take six to eight weeks to notice a difference when changing your current skin care regimen to an acne-friendly one. Most acne skin care products, whether prescription or over-the-counter strength, may take a month or two to show positive results. Unfortunately, some people never give it the entire eight weeks before giving up or switching to other methods of controlling their acne.
Follow these tips and you'll be on your way to healthier looking skin.
Author's Resource Box
Ken Black is a writer and owner of a number of health related websites. Visit this site for the latest acne skin care product reviews.
I was recently watching the news about the 26 November 2008 terrorist attacks on Mumbai. Several terrorists had entered Mumbai Nolito Jersey , India from the sea route and had attacked the Taj Hotel, Oberoi, Trident and a building called Nariman House at Colaba. My spouse who was also watching with me said I just dont understand how these idiots can be so ruthless and kill innocent people as if they were mosquitoes and not humans. I wonder what they get out of it. After a few moments I said What if the terrorists arent idiots? What if they seriously got something out of it; maybe the greatest thing they could ever dream of?
My spouse was stun.